- XML Parsing Error at 1:221. Error 73: > required
Top 10 Resorts
Cozumel has a variety of resorts, inns, and vacation home rentals that will suit your needs. Many of the resorts offer all inclusive packages that cover your lodging, food, and drinks. There are also plenty of family friendly resorts, as well as a few adults only resorts.
Cozumel’s vacation accommodations are broken down into the following areas:
- Southern & Northern Zone - there are many beach front hotels to choose from in this area, however hotels located in these zones are a $15-20 cab ride into town for shopping, nightlife, restaurants, etc. It’s a good idea to find out if your hotel has evening activities for their guests.
- Downtown area – the downtown area is where everything tends to happen and also has plenty of hotels to choose from. You should stay in the downtown area if you want to be right in the middle of the hustle & bustle. Most hotels in the downtown area do not have large outdoor areas, however some do have pools and beaches are within walking distance.
- Midtown (San Miguel) area – is the newest and upcoming vacation accommodation zone. The Midtown zone has great accommodations and is just a 10-15 minute walk to downtown.
- Corpus Christi area – is known as one of the nicest areas in Cozumel and is home to the largest supermarket and merchandise store on the island. The Corpus Christi areas has several beautiful vacation homes and nice restaurants to choose from. It is about a mile walk from downtown.
Top Ten Resorts in Cozumel, Mexico
- InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort & Spa - Set on a half-mile stretch of private white-sand beach dotted with palapa-shaded hammocks, the resort features 2 pools, a luxury spa, and a putting green, as well as a playground and kids' club.
- Cozumel Palace (All Inclusive) - Amenities at Cozumel Palace All Inclusive include outdoor infinity and splash pools, a swim-up bar, a kid's club, and 3 restaurants.
- Playa Azul Golf, Scuba & Spa Hotel - A Nicklaus Design Group golf course is across the street; a swimming pool, palapas, lounge chairs, and a bar line the beach; a small library and game room are inside Playa Azul Hotel.
- Aura Cozumel Wyndam Grand Bay (All Inclusive/Adults-Only) - This beachfront property is located in Cozumel. San Gervasio Ruins is an area attraction. Additional regional points of interest include Paradise Beach.
- Coral Princess Hotel & Resort - This seafront 142-room hotel offers massages in an open-air gazebo, 2 heated pools (one with a swim-up bar), and adjacent dive shop; easy-access snorkeling is available in the resort water's coral heads.
- El Cid La Ceiba Beach - El Cid La Ceiba Beach hotel has a unique dive site: an airplane sunk by movie crews in the 80s; excursions to the world’s second largest great barrier reef are also available
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Resort - Daily meals and drinks, a range of water and land sports including windsurfing and tennis, a kids’ club, daily activity program, and nightly entertainment are included in Melia Cozumel's room rate.
- Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort - isolated on Cozumel's southwest coast and across the street from the beach, this resort is a quarter-mile from Parque Chankanaab; a dive pier provides access to scuba diving and snorkeling.
- Hotel Cozumel & Resort - Cozumel & Resort's beach club serves scuba enthusiasts with a dive shop, boating arrangements, and a private pier. A lush, palm-lined patio surrounds 2 outdoor pools, a kids pool, and a spa tub.
- Casa del Mar Cozumel - Recreational amenities at Casa del Mar Cozumel include a private beach, a tennis court, and an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a restaurant, a spa tub, and a poolside bar.
Know of an establishment that should be in this list? Tell us!