- XML Parsing Error at 1:221. Error 73: > required
Top 10 Beaches
You will find three types of beaches in Cozumel:
- On the west side of the island you will generally find white, sandy walk-in beaches. These beaches are great for a relaxing day on the beach. However, experienced snorkelers may be a bit disappointed with the snorkeling on these beaches since snorkeling on a sandy bottom suspends particles in the water and decreases visibility while snorkeling. It is also very hard for coral and polyps to thrive on sandy bottoms, which limits the amount of marine life you may see.
- You will also find beaches with a rocky limestone shoreline on the west coast. These beaches are best for snorkeling since less of the sand is disturbed which allows for better coral growth.
- On the east or windward side of the island you will find beautiful beaches that are lined with rocky limestone coastlines. The large waves and roaring surf can create large undertows. These beaches are perfect for sunbathing and taking in the beautiful views but not recommended for swimming or snorkeling.
Top 10 Beaches
- Isla Pasion (Passion Island) – is a stunning private island accessible by a five minute boat ride from the west side of Cozumel. There are all inclusive day passes available to the island that include round trip transportation, all day buffet, open bar, and full use of their facilities. If your are looking to get away from the crowds, the white sandy beaches make for a perfect relaxing day on your own private island!
- Chankanaab – Chakanaab National Park has a wide variety of activities. From swimming with dolphins to snorkeling and diving on their famous reef, everyone can find something to enjoy. The underwater scenery at Chakanaab will leave you breathless and reaching for your underwater camera!
Price Range: Entrance fee is $16 USD, there is also a combo deal which gives you access to Discover Mexico and Chakanaab Park.*
- Nachi Cocom – is a small well kept club, located on the west side of the island. This popular beach club has maintained a following of repeat visitors. Nachi Cocom has all inclusive day passes available, which give you access to the beach, lounge chairs, pool, hammocks, open bar, and lunch. There are also beachside massages available by appointment. Snorkel gear and water sports are also available at a reasonable cost. The excellent food, beautiful beaches, and friendly service will have you coming back to this beach club again and again.
Price Range: All inclusive day passes are available for $50 USD. *
- San Francisco Beach – San Francisco beach club is one of Cozumel’s most popular beach clubs. It is about 15 minute taxi ride from the cruise port and offers all inclusive day passes. The all inclusive passes include use of their facilities, lounge chairs, pool, lunch, and an open bar. The beautiful beach and friendly staff make this beach a very popular destination for cruise passengers. Price Range: Entrance fee is $8 USD, the all inclusive day pass is $40 USD
- Punta Sur Ecological Reserve – visit Punta Sur for a completely unique experience. For the beach goers looking for some relaxation in the sun, this ecological reserve boasts stunning white beaches and crystal clear water perfect for snorkeling. Nature lovers will love strolling through the beautiful grounds observing the wildlife and beautiful landscapes and the lagoon. Those looking for a little history can visit the ancient Mayan ruin in the shape of a shell, a Navigation Museum and the Celarian Lighthouse. The west side of the beach is perfect for snorkeling while the east “windward” side features beautiful rock formations and is home to nesting turtles from May to October. This area is not recommended for swimming. Price range: admission is $10 USD per person, children 7 and under FREE, lagoon boat trips are $3 USD.
- Paradise Beach – is perfect for those who don’t want to spend the whole day at the beach. Paradise Beach is one of the few beaches in Cozumel that does not charge an admission fee. There are free chairs and umbrellas available, as long as you purchase something from their restaurant or bar. There are also day passes available for those who decide to make a day of it.
Price Range: Entrance free with a minimum consumption of $10. A Fun Pass is $10 and gives you unlimited access to their beach toys and snorkel gear. Sodas $2.50, Beer $3.50, Tequila $6.25, Chicken Fajitas $12, Fish Fillet $15.*
- Paradise Beach – is a great beach for the family. Its shallow waters make it perfect for beginners snorkeling and scuba. While there is no admission fee, there is a minimum consumption fee of $10.00. There is also low cost Fun Pass available which allows you use of the water trampoline, floating mats, kayaks, water trampoline and climbing iceberg. This beach is located approximately 9 miles from downtown.
Price Range: Fun Pass is available for $10 USD, Sodas $2.50, Beer $3.50, Tequila $6.25, Chicken Fajitas $12, Fish Fillet $15.*
- Carlos N Charlie’s Beach – is one of the newer beaches in Cozumel. This beautiful beach club is perfect for the vacationer looking for a fun party at the beach. Admission at Carlos N Charlie’s is free and this beach club has something for everyone- restaurant, souvenir shops, dive shop, kayaks, tattoos, hair braiding, and a variety of water sports.
Price Range: Nachos $6.50, Cheeseburger $9, Cocktails $5, Snorkel gear $10 per day, Resort Dive $75, inc. gear, tank and boat.*
- Playa Mia – is a great beach for the family. Playa Mia has low cost all inclusive packages that will suit everyone’s needs. Once you arrive at Playa Mia you can take in the beach and enjoy some of the many amenities. The kids will love the children’s play area, water trampoline, parrot show and water sports. Adults will enjoy the hammocks, pool, shopping and the three restaurants! The whole family will enjoy snorkeling and exploring the underwater reproduction of a Mayan City.
Price Range: Entrance fee $15 including beach snorkel tour and most facilities. Entrance fee with domestic open bar is $38 USD, Entrance fee which includes domestic bar, buffet, towel and snorkel gear.*
- Mr. Sancho’s – located approximately 10.5 miles form downtown, Mr. Sancho’s is a popular beach resort for cruise passengers. This beach club has a restaurant that a wide range of Mexican and American food. There is not an all inclusive package. However, admission is free. There is variety of things to do from shopping, snorkeling and water sports.
Price range: Sodas $2, Beer $3, Cocktails from $5.50, Chicken Fajitas $9.50, Fish Fillet $12.*
*Price range is subject to change.
Know of an establishment that should be in this list? Tell us!